Depending on the extent of the job, having work done on your roof can be a pain in the rear. It’s critical that you find a commercial roofing company that truly fits your specific needs and provide exceptional quality of service. The roofer you work with should be trusted, experienced, and able to add value to your project. At DK Haney Roofing we strive to make the process as easy and as streamlined as possible for our clients. That all starts with providing you with information. Below are 10 questions you should ask any commercial roofer before you even let them up on your roof.
10 questions you should ask any commercial roofer
- How much experience do they have? The number of years that a roofing contractor has been in business is a good indicator of their quality of work and financial solvency. Also, an experienced roofer has most likely encountered and overcame almost any roofing problem there may be. A roofing contractor with at least 10 years of experience is ideal.
- What are their qualifications? Do they have the required state licenses and certifications? Are they affiliated with any reputable roofing trade associations, such as the NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association)? Are they in good standing with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they insured? Reputable commercial roofers will hold some sort of general liability insurance, as well as workers’ comp insurance. You should also ask who is insured. Just the owner and Project Manager? Or the crew on your roof too?
- Who is their material manufacturer and are they certified by that manufacturer? Where do they get their materials from? How does that material compare to other products? What is the roofer’s rating/certification level with the manufacturer?
- How much will it cost? A roofing project is one of the biggest capital expenditures for any building owner, so we understand that you have to shop around for the best price that fits within your budget. If you’re dealing with an experienced and professional roofing company, like DK Haney Roofing, there should be no problem in providing you with an estimate.
- What is the timeline? When will the project start? How long will it take to complete the job? Also, there are times when the workload for roofing companies throughout the area can get really stacked up and may cause some projects to be put on the back burner. You don’t want to deal with someone who’s already booked solid for the next 12 months. Having a clear timeline allows for a better completion E.T.A., which allows you to do whatever planning is necessary.
- What are my options? Every roofing project is different to some degree. A contractor should be able to provide options to fit your specific project’s needs. Beware of anyone that presents you only a one-size-fits-all solution.
- What type of warranties do they offer? Ask for warranty information in writing. Do they offer labor and material warranties? What is the manufacturer’s warranty?
- What safety measures or procedures do they have for job sites? Keeping your property, your people, and the crew safe should be top priority. A reputable roofer should be able to outline the safety precautions and procedures that they have in place for job sites.
- Can they provide references from previous clients? Ask for references from past clients and the manufacturer. Contractors should be able to provide references for similar projects. Contact those references and ask about their experience and satisfaction with the roofer. Also, check their reviews on Google.
Getting answers to these questions will help you make an informed decision when choosing a roofing contractor. Just because someone is supposedly the professional doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be able to ask them questions. The team at DK Haney Roofing has absolutely no problem with answering any question or addressing any concerns that you may have. We’ve been providing exceptional roofing services for more than 25 years and we offer free estimates, so don’t hesitate in giving us a call today at 866-379-4846!