The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) is one of the construction industry’s most respected trade associations and leading authority in the roofing industry for information, education, technology, and advocacy. As such, the NRCA provides Consumer Advisory Bulletins to help consumers make informed decisions about various roofing issues.
In the previously issued bulletin, Selecting An NRCA Professional Roofing Contractor (Low-slope Commercial), the NRCA recognizes the substantial investment building owners make in a roofing system and provide tips to ensure you select a qualified commercial roofing company for your flat roof repair or replacement. The NRCA has outlined 14 things you can look for and expect from an NRCA-member professional roofing contractor to help you make the best decision possible and get the quality you expect at a fair price.
14 Things to Look For When Selecting a Commercial Roofing Company
The NRCA recommends that a building owner or property manager pre-qualify roofing companies according to their own criteria when planning a commercial roof repair or replacement. However, to assist consumers, the NRCA provides this list to assist you in your prequalification.
Any NRCA-member professional roofing companies should:
- Have a permanent place of business and a business license.
- Be familiar with the different types of roof systems and will help you make the best decision for your building and budget.
- Be affiliated with an industry organization like the NRCA.
- Be committed to the education of its workers and can prove it.
- Be able to provide proof of insurance and committed to safety.
- Is licensed and/or bonded with your state department of professional regulation or licensing board.
- Is financially stable and can provide current financial information.
- Is licensed or approved to apply certain manufacturers’ systems.
- Will always provide a written proposal with a complete description of the work and specifications.
- Will provide a contractor’s warranty in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty.
- Will have a proven track record and provide a list of completed projects.
- Will have a list of client references.
- Will have on-site supervision and quality control procedures.
- Will offer periodic maintenance inspections throughout the year to help ensure your project complies with the standards specified in the warranty.
With over three decades of experience, DK Haney Roofing is one of the top commercial roofing companies in the country and a proud member of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA). Request a free inspection here.